Baltimore is the largest city and also the cultural center of the U.S. state of Maryland. Baltimore is also said to be the city which has the high criminal rate over the decades, especially homicides rate. According to crime statistics there were 276 killings in Baltimore in 2006, ranked the second-highest homicide rate per capita of all U.S. cities of over 250,000 populations. Although this is significantly lower than the record-high 379 homicides in 1993, this rate in Baltimore is nearly seven times the national rate, six times the rate of New York City, and three times the rate of Los Angeles.
In recent years, crime rates in Baltimore have been reduced, including a 17% reduction in the number of homicides from 2007 to 2008. In 2008, Baltimore had 234 homicides, down from 282 in 2007. There were 239 homicides in the city in 2009, slightly higher than the 2008 total of 234. Other categories of crime in Baltimore have also been declining; however, overall crime rates in Baltimore are still high compared to the national average. While the rate of forcible rapes has fallen below the national average in recent years, Baltimore still has much higher-than-average rates of aggravated assault, burglary, robbery, and thief.
Due to the increasing crimes in Baltimore, Baltimore criminal lawyers have also increased in order to go with the trend. Here is a list of the different Miami lawyers who offer different services when it comes to criminal offense:
1. Arbitration / Mediation / ADR - The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC : The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC is selected as a 2009 Maryland Super Lawyer®. Super Lawyers® is a listing of outstanding lawyers in more than 70 practice areas who have achieved a high degree of peer recognition and professional distinction.
2. Auto Accidents - Engel & Engel law firm : Their experienced personal injury lawyers represent clients in many types of auto accidents.
3. Aviation & Maritime - Cunningham & Associates, PLC : The law firm of Cunningham & Associates, PLC, focuses on insurance defense, commercial litigation, and professional malpractice defense of accountants, lawyers, and other professionals.
4. Bankruptcy - Hassan & Tuchman, P.A : Founded in 1975, Hassan, Hassan, & Tuchman, P.A. has been helping clients in cases involving bankruptcy, personal injury, worker's compensation, social security disability, criminal defense, and medical malpractice in Baltimore and throughout Maryland for over 33 years.
5. Business - Timothy J. Mummert, P.A : The Law Firm of Timothy J. Mummert, P.A., who used to be a former business owner, helps business owners with a wide range of legal issues including business formation and contract negotiation.
6. Child Custody / Support / Adoption - FindLaw LagalConnection : Their experience about Family law matters such as divorce, paternity, child custody, and adoption help them to resolve successfully many difficult law issues, and achieve a great believes from their clients.
7. Civil Rights /ADA - The Law Offices of Allan H. Rombro : With more than 20 years experience representing clients in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Attorney Allan H. Rombro’s firm will work to protect your rights and preserve your freedom.
8. Collections - Goodman & Goodman, P.A : The firm is steeped in family tradition following in the footsteps of their grandmother and father.
9. Construction, Condemnation & Zoning - Cohen, Snyder, Eisenberg & Katzenberg, PA : This law firm has long been known throughout Maryland as the people's choice since they have the experience and compassion to assure their clients are treated fairly by the legal system.
10. Consumer and Lemon Law - Leslie L. Gladstone, P.A : With many practice areas, caring, dedicated and experienced attorneys, Leslie L. Gladstone, P.A provides qualified and valuable legal services.
11. Copyright, Trademark, IP - The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC : As mentioned above, with more than 70 legal practices, The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC will provide you satisfied services on this area.
12. Criminal Defense - Isaac Klein Law Offices : The firm has good criminal defense lawyers with sharp legal mind and street-savvy investigators with well-honed abilities to persuade juries, judges and prosecutors alike.
13. Divorce, Marriage, Alimony - Kemet & Hunt, PLLC : The way Kemet & Hunt, PLLC responds to clients is quickly, effectively, and professionally.
14. DUI / DWI Traffic - Law Office of Charles L. Waechter : Contact with Law Office of Charles L. Waechter as they care about your legal defense as well as your personal recovery if you are involved in DUI/DWI case.
15. Elder Law - Law Office of Eleanor C. Naiman : Eleanor C. Naiman practices widely in the area of Estate Planning, Elder Law and Commercial Transactions in Maryland.
16. Employment and Labor - Law Office of Paul V. Bennett, P.C : Since 1987 Paul V. Bennett has devoted his practice to fighting for the rights of his clients in employment law cases with his prompt, professional, and friendly service.
17. Environmental & Toxic Torts - Walsh & Elville, P.A : Founded by Attorney Jim Walsh, Walsh & Elville, P.A has grown to include attorneys Stephen Elville, principal, and Barrett King, associate.
18. Estate Planning - The Shump Law Firm, PC : The lawyers at The Shump Law Firm will advise and guide clients for the best advice for their wealth preservation, tax savings and protection from major health care liabilities.
19. Franchise Law - Bromberg Rosenthal LLP : Its attorneys are committed to provide outstanding legal advice and representation in the most practical, direct, and cost-effective issues to the customers.
20. General Practice - Gohn, Hankey & Stichel, LLP : Gohn, Hankey & Stichel, LLP will serve as general counsel to one of the country’s largest staffing companies, which has over 15,000 employees.
21. Healthcare / Nursing Home Abuse : Established in 1988, the Baltimore office has attracted many of the regions top attorneys who have been recognized as leaders in healthcare and nursing home abuse range.
22. International / Foreign Trade - Gohn, Hankey & Stichel, LLP : They are one of the leaders in practicing primarily in the areas of commercial transactions, trade secret protection, bankruptcy, commercial and administrative litigation law matters.
23. Internet, Technology & Communications Law - Law Offices of Daniel J. Wright : Lawyers will build an aggressive defense for the clients who are being involved in internet, technology or communication cases.
24. Juvenile Law - Engel & Engel, P.A : Engel & Engel defends juvenile clients facing misdemeanor and felony criminal charges throughout the State of Maryland as well as federal charges in federal court system.
25. Landlord / Tenant - The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC : Super Lawyers® is a listing of outstanding lawyers in more than 70 practice areas that has experienced enough in resolving Landlord/Tenant Problems.
26. Legal Ethics/Malpractice - Whitworth & Trunnell, P.A : Over the past 30 years Whitworth & Trunnell, P.A. has represented clients in over 800 legal malpractice issues or other successful resolution.
27. Libel and Slander - Irwin E. Weiss : Since 1978, the law office of Irwin E. Weiss, Esq., Attorney at Law, has acted as counsel for personal injury plaintiffs and provided valuable legal help to injured people and their affected families throughout the Baltimore area.
28. Litigation and Appeals - The Law Offices of Michael D. Steinhardt, P.C : With 25 year-working experience, Michael D. Steinhardt has practiced law and committed himself to helping his clients receive the best legal information and representation in many areas including Litigation and Appeals.
29. Medical Malpractice - Law Offices of Stephen J. Nolan, Chartered : The firm is one of the most experienced firm in serious personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, mesothelioma, pharmaceutical and products liability, and business litigation.
30. Patent Law - The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC : Make a call to The Law Office of John M.G. Murphy, LLC, you will be supplied enough services that involve in Copyright, Trademark, IP or Patent Law.
31. Pensions & Benefits - Law Office of Paul V. Bennett, P.C : The firm gives representation to individuals and employees for personal matters, civil rights violations, pensions and benefits.
32. Personal Injury - Irwin E. Weiss : Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the law office of Irwin E. Weiss, Esq., is a personal injury law firm that has operated since 1978.
33. Product Liability - The Law Office of Flynn M. Owens : Founded in 1992, the Law Office of Flynn M. Owens fiercely protects rights and looks out for the best interests of clients when they have been charged with a crime.
34. Railroad / Transportation - Cohen, Snyder, Eisenberg & Katzenberg, PA : If you have a lot of traffic violations, let talk to the traffic violations lawyers at the Cohen, Snyder, Eisenberg & Katzenberg, P.A. law firm in Baltimore, Maryland.
34. Real Estate - Levin & Gallagher, LLC : More than twenty-five years of actual trial experience, the attorneys at Levin & Gallagher have been lauded for their courtroom skills and their innovative investigative techniques relating to Real Estate cases.
35. Securities Brokers Investments - Levin & Gallagher,LLC : This firm also offers some successful service about securities brokers investment.
36. Sexual Harassment - Singleton Gendler & Terrasa, P.A : Experienced sexual harassment lawyers at Singleton Law Group work to produce the best results in every case.
37. Social Security Disability - Alan J. Nuta, Attorney at Law : The main focus of the Alan J. Nuta, Attorney at Law is helping disabled people get the SSDI and SSI benefits they deserve.
38. Tax and Tax Enforcement - Hogan & Hartson LLP : Established in 1988, the Baltimore office of Hogan & Hartson has offered clients sophisticated legal services worldwide.
39. Wills, Trusts, Probate - FindLaw LagalConnection : FindLaw LagalConnection not only supplies the clients Family law matters such as divorce, paternity, child custody, and adoption, but also successfully resolves these issues involving Wills, Trusts, and Probate.
40. Workers Compensation - Bader and Cooper : Considered as an AV Rated Law Firm, Bader and Cooper’s focus is Workers' Compensation Law.
41. Wrongful Death, Accidental Death - Law Offices of Douglas T. Sachse : The firm will share desire for justice with a family member who carelessly operates a motor vehicle or fail to maintain their property safely and thereby causes a fatality must make amends.
The list of the different Miami mentioned above may help you much when you have problems. Some of these firm offer free consultant for the clients.